To Hell with this! I need salt!!

Well, I started yesterday at 9am and finished around 7:30p. I love my work, but long days suck every bit of juice out of me. I don't realize it until I'm done. Then I just fall face first into bed. I got home and contemplated making the lemon sole and steamed veggies for our "healthy" dinner. When I arrived home I was greeted with Scott sitting on the couch, playing his video game with a pensive look on his face.  asked him to help me cook and he sighed.

"Can we get some real food?" he pleaded.

Lunch had been cold bean salad and millet cauliflower mash. He eats lunch in his truck, so he has no way to heat it up. Cold leftovers for my poor little beknighted hubby, suffering a healthy repaste. I used to pack him sub sandwiches with roast beef and havarti cheese slathered with Big Boy thousand island dressing. There was a little baggie of barbecue fritoes and dessert. A bag of steamed almonds, and a bowl of cherry tomatoes is a poor replacement. He was determined to make a stand.

I looked at the stove, I looked him and completely capitulated.

"Where do you want to go eat?"

We ended up in the Italian restaurant next to Enrique's at PCH and loynes. We weren't horrible, we didn't order dessert, but we did split two splits of prosseco. I had halibut and Scott had chicken. AND we decided to still be good. I wanted ravioli but I got fish with veggies instead. We had minestrone and I was shocked how salty it tasted. A few days of no salt and WOW! I can taste it just fine. I didn't have caffeine. That hurt. I love nothing more than a cup of coffee after a good meal. We came home, and I had a big Bosc pear. Seriously, I got tired chewing halfway through.

I was happy with our dinner choices. I didn't eat all of anything. I left a lot on my plate. The butter sauce was too heavy even though it was delicious. My palate is changing. We went back to the meal plan this morning. We agreed we'd try to stick to our original plan. Debauchery would be reserved for one meal out a week TOPS! We still have to figure out better lunches. I've been a little grim chewing my lunch the past few days. Today's broccoli fennel soup was okay. Scott hated it. I've dealt with loads of veggie based tasteless soups so I can find something to savor in anything. It still had that buddhist monk vibe, you know...happy suffering.

I'm sipping my green tea, and hunting for arm extensions for my massage table. "Once" (a twin peaks style Grimm brothers knock off with modern twist) is playing in the background. I've discovered a disgusting love for bad soap operas. Mediocre dreck, Real Housewives style, even Game of Thrones is a historical soap opera with tits. And I love every mind numbing, predictable second.

Our story so far for Once: Snow White just shot Prince Charming in a botched attempt to kill the evil queen after taking a potion Rumplestilskin sold her to forget her love for PC. Conversely in modern days in Storybrooke(the cursed town of lost fables) Snow is in jail, framed for the murder of PC's wife(Katryn) by the Evil Queen. PC thinks she did it. Little Red Riding Hood(a groovy goth waitress at Granny's cafe) found a human heart in a jewelry box of Snow's buried in the woods next to (get this) The Toll Bridge. I love the cheesiness of it all. It calls to my inner folktale geek. I've read an awesome set of Graphic novels called Fables. Same vibe.

I still need to go to the store and I'm not interested in going. Tomorrow is a 12 hour day. Start at 9am end 9pm. Six 90 min with an hour lunch. I know, crazypants. But I have NOTHING Monday. Tuesday is good. Not totally full, but things change in 24hours. Gotta work when it comes. That is why I workout and do yoga: to be ready at any time for a long day. To be intensely physical for long periods then stock up on sleep and rest when things are slow. It's a lifestyle.

Screw it. I'm taking Schultz to the dog park, taking a Dead Sea Salt bath, and take a nap.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams