Arghh! New Year Detox: caffeine headache from hell!!
I can't believe it has been since October since I've done one of these things. Bad Bunny!!! I was doing 2-3 per month all year, then apparently I fell off a cliff around the holidays. It was a great couple of months, but I'm glad it's a new year. What is shocking is that Scott has said he is ready to be healthy. I'm so jazzed! We decided to go with the "You Are What You Eat" diet. No sugar, caffeine, fried, red meat. Lots of veggies and fruit. We did the detox day Tuesday, and Wednesday was the first day of the rest of our lives.
Tuesday was hell. Pure D Hell. I bought a crapload of veggies and fruit to juice for the day. I was trying to keep us on time for all the little meals and drinks. My killer headache hit about 5pm. Scott didn't drink anywhere near as much coffee as I usually did, and he drinks ginger ale. My poison is Diet DP. When we went to Texas, I realized how regional Diet Dr Pepper is. It was everywhere. It is just now starting to be in drive-thrus here(Not that I care now). Well I felt like I'd been smacked in the head with a brick. That shitty feeling where you are squinting at everyone.
Wednesday was okay, I had a ghost of a headache in the morning, and was really sleepy all day. We cheated and had peanut butter on our celery that evening. I figured a little larceny was good for the soul. Tonight, I am attempting to make adzuki bean casserole. I tried to look it up on my phone at the grocery store. Instead I found a slew of internet articles slamming the taste and the cooking times. There was one that had a summary quote on the google page. "So, Gillian Mckeith is promoting her You Are What You Eat show, She must have eaten an annoying bitch."
I fell out laughing. I have made a few recipes that were blerghh tasting and the cooking times were off. I've had that trouble with a few Alton Brown recipes too. Having to eat healthy should not be marred by having to suck down some awful concoction designed by some vegan hippie with a flat palate. We drank a veggie juice last night that was one cucumber and one stalk of celery. Scott downed it like a Jeager shot. I drank half, turned away and made a yuck face then downed the rest. Scott was grinning at me like a Cheshire Cat.
"How you liking the diet?"
"Fuck you" I answered.
He laughed at me. I know he hates it, but I'm trying to keep my game face on. Oh yeah, salt is the devil, sugar is it's evil succubus, and white flour rules them all with the gluten ring of death and obesity. And I miss them all so goddamn much!!! Caffeine, you magnificent evil bitch, I miss downing 16oz of fizzy kidney killing goodness like I wished I downed water. Oh coffee, your black siren song with fatty creamy underlayer of half and half still tempts me. How I miss your smoky good morning kiss, chicory knock offs don't even compare. *sigh*
I'm shaking it off. I can beat this. The need to feed. Let food be thy medicine said Hippocrates.
Huh. Food as drugs. Does anybody know how I can shoot up chocolate cake?
Tuesday was hell. Pure D Hell. I bought a crapload of veggies and fruit to juice for the day. I was trying to keep us on time for all the little meals and drinks. My killer headache hit about 5pm. Scott didn't drink anywhere near as much coffee as I usually did, and he drinks ginger ale. My poison is Diet DP. When we went to Texas, I realized how regional Diet Dr Pepper is. It was everywhere. It is just now starting to be in drive-thrus here(Not that I care now). Well I felt like I'd been smacked in the head with a brick. That shitty feeling where you are squinting at everyone.
Wednesday was okay, I had a ghost of a headache in the morning, and was really sleepy all day. We cheated and had peanut butter on our celery that evening. I figured a little larceny was good for the soul. Tonight, I am attempting to make adzuki bean casserole. I tried to look it up on my phone at the grocery store. Instead I found a slew of internet articles slamming the taste and the cooking times. There was one that had a summary quote on the google page. "So, Gillian Mckeith is promoting her You Are What You Eat show, She must have eaten an annoying bitch."
I fell out laughing. I have made a few recipes that were blerghh tasting and the cooking times were off. I've had that trouble with a few Alton Brown recipes too. Having to eat healthy should not be marred by having to suck down some awful concoction designed by some vegan hippie with a flat palate. We drank a veggie juice last night that was one cucumber and one stalk of celery. Scott downed it like a Jeager shot. I drank half, turned away and made a yuck face then downed the rest. Scott was grinning at me like a Cheshire Cat.
"How you liking the diet?"
"Fuck you" I answered.
He laughed at me. I know he hates it, but I'm trying to keep my game face on. Oh yeah, salt is the devil, sugar is it's evil succubus, and white flour rules them all with the gluten ring of death and obesity. And I miss them all so goddamn much!!! Caffeine, you magnificent evil bitch, I miss downing 16oz of fizzy kidney killing goodness like I wished I downed water. Oh coffee, your black siren song with fatty creamy underlayer of half and half still tempts me. How I miss your smoky good morning kiss, chicory knock offs don't even compare. *sigh*
I'm shaking it off. I can beat this. The need to feed. Let food be thy medicine said Hippocrates.
Huh. Food as drugs. Does anybody know how I can shoot up chocolate cake?
Comments
Post a Comment