205?! Yeah this is going well...NOT!

I was going to write every day. Scott and I quit caffeine, fried food and salt. I spent $200 on fresh veg and supplies for our first two weeks of the year. I had a mega headache for two days. I've worked out 4 days in a row last week and this one I'm planning to do the same this week. Hell I'm planning on doing that as long as I can.

It's been 3 days since I've written on my blog. I gained another pound. I'm on my second cup of coffee, I don't have the 'want to' to make a grocery list for the next few days, and I've already had two english muffins this morning, not two halves two whole muffins. I've also been drinking regularly with friends. Last night I had 4-6 glasses of wine with O & K. I didn't get twisted, but the calories were still there. Crackers, cheese, wine, and girl talk. Oh how you are my downfall!!

And my hair. My fucking hair! I've never had this much hair in my life! I've spent like $80 on new products new brushes, and other bullshit. I've brushed probably 18 of the extensions out as I've tried to figure out this hair. Did you know you are not supposed to twist your hair in a towel? or condition the roots? Apply 3 different products before drying, including oil to smooth the ends? Yeah, me neither. I've been dealing with a tangled ball of hair, I itch all the time, I feel like I have fucking fleas. Every time I brush my hair and catch one of the extensions that is being held on by 8 pieces of my own hair, I want to go all Brittany Spears on it and just rip the fucker out. I have little raised red bumps were the extensions have pulled on my scalp being braided up all day. My stylist seriously overestimated my ability to deal with hair.

I am not a frou-frou pretty girl. I never have been. I feel like I'm in drag when I wear make-up. I can feel it sitting on my face, like a badly drawn mask. I rock the lip gloss mostly. But hair. Dear Goddess help me. Hair is my Achilles heel. My hair is like a plant I've over watered, under watered, used the wrong soil, pretty much any mistake you could make with hair...I've made it.

Now I've got the equivalent of a dead badger hot glue gunned to my head, and I have to figure out how to make it fabulous. I would cut this shit out in a New York minute, BUT...

Scott loves the hair. He really does. He rubs his face and hands in it and makes happy kitten noises when we're spooning. My friends tell me they can't imagine me without it. It looks great, it looks like mine, I look ten years younger, I look thinner. (which I do, it is so weird how illusion works. My top is bigger so my ass looks smaller. funny but true)

So, I'm keeping it. Much like exercise, diet, yoga, not stressing, self employment, etc.; There is a learning curve, and I just have to figure it out. I'm going to. You watch.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams