Working out like a maniac!

I did a 2 hour workout Sunday that I thought was going to kill me. I did 30 reps on the bluff stairs. That is 4,000 bloody steps. And I didn't die! I finished, I did the full workout, no BS. I took 20 minutes longer than everyone else. I'm still whimpering every time I step down, but I finished. That tells me I can do tough mudder.

I'm figuring if I do tough mudder, I'll breeze through ninja warrior. At least I won't have to run a half mile between each obstacle. I'm still scared, but definitely resolute. I will do this. I'm excited by the challenge. I fantasize about the physical achievement of finishing it.

I used to watch samurai films and marvel at the spider monkey like qualities of the fight scenes. Just leaping and flitting all over the scenery. I read books on ninjas, and the Bushido code. I bought a ninja outfit at a huge gun show in Dallas, TX when I was 13. I always wanted to be a lithe strong warrior, not a pudgy little white girl on a dirt farm.

I'm heartened by the fact that this pudgy white girl has got a respectable tan and muscular form. I'm glad to have the gumption to go back out there every chance I get to lift and push myself beyond what I thought I could do. I am becoming the warrior I wanted to be. I don't want to fight others, I want to conquer myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams