ANW Back Online!!!

Hello gentle reader,

Eda is back online. At the behest of various friends that exclaimed the past few months, "Eda, you really got to write this shit down!" I am promising myself to post at least once a week. I may have quit writing but I kept working out. Kim had her baby, and became home-bound. Liz, Sarah, Al, and I have been holding the fort down at Ocean & Granada at 6pm MWF.
It feels good to have a team of people you meet with regularly. We talk about horrible personal things and it is hilarious!! I'm not talking personal like grief, relationships, children or any other trauma mama bs that is supposed to be typical "female topics" (barf!)
Nope. Me and my girls bitch about farting while running, where to wipe snot after you are covered in sand and your sleeves would take a layer of skin off your face if you wiped with them, lovely topics like that. We really delve into how undignified giving your all really is.
At the end of our workouts we are sweaty, covered in sand, our hair is adequately 'haystacked' (for that lovely springtime just fucked look), and we usually collapse onto mats and lay panting like a brace of hounds in from the kill. IT"S AWESOME!!
I can't believe I'm into this like I am. I wanted to grab a bagel at Starbucks a few weeks ago, and I ended up bagging the idea because (and this was my real thought process) last time I ate one of their Asiago bagels, it was like a salt bomb in my mouth, and I didn't want to waste my food on empty calories. I grabbed an apple and a bag of almonds for energy and hydration. Damn those Santa Anas suck every last drop of moisture out of my skin. My lips get chapped walking the damn dog!
Anyway, a few minutes later while I'm driving to my outcall in Irvine, munching my apple, the import of that internal conversation hit me. It wasn't a struggle to eat healthy anymore. I wanted to! I was thinking about what I was eating BEFORE I ate it. For all you naturally skinny healthy people (yeah, all three of you bastards) most people don't think of what they eat until they are clutching their tummy after thinking "Why did I eat that/ why did I eat soooo much of it?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams