Being a Badass is my Favorite Hobby!

The title of this post was inspired by a t-shirt I want to make. We were working out last night, and I blurted out "Being a Badass is my Favorite Hobby!" We were doing some exercise I hate (butt-lifts with one leg. YOU TRY IT, if you think it's so easy) I always say stupid snarky things to keep myself from screaming. My right calf has been feeling like it's going to pop like a water balloon. I stop and re-adjust when stuff hurts, but sometimes my ass is just getting kicked and there really isn't a proper posture for that is there?

It must have been a really hard workout, because I slept until 10am after going back to bed at 7am. (I get up at 6:30am and make Scott his lunch for the day. It's just a good wifey-poo thing to do. Send him off with a kiss and a hug to face the 405.) I usually stay up, read a little, clean the house, maybe catch an early yoga class...kind of arrange myself and my environment. Today I curled up with the dog, and slept like I'd been shot in the head. I think I've got a what Scott had. It's a lighter version, but I'm going to feel like a real asshole if I end up near-death cold like symptoms after acting all high and bloody vegetarian mighty and mocking his crap lifestyle. Oh, how I love a good serving of crow n' hubris pie. I get a good serving of it now and then.

I went to Dr. Schlute today. He put my bicep tendon back into its groove. I squeaked and told him I'm not sure if I still liked him. He grinned. It takes to two sharp jerks inward done with Iron Chef style precision. I thought I was going to wet myself. Anyone who has had a serious shoulder injury knows how hard it is to stay limp when your arm is jerked hard. I swear my inner chimp almost bit him. (if you don't have an inner chimp you don't get it; if you do have one you know exactly what I mean) I feel better knowing that everything is back where it's supposed to be.

It's so funny how the path to well-being is an ever rotating path of therapies. Nothing is a pancea, but everything helps. Nutrition, exercise, stretching, journaling, cleaning your enviroment, balance-balance-balance. All I know is as soon as I get all the plates spinning, one of them falls. It's not a bad thing, but it sure is a predictable thing.

I was so proud of myself for being 198lbs at New Year's Eve. Well, I'm 204 today. I gave myself all kinds of reasons/excuses. In the end I know that's 4lbs of pizza dough and red wine. I've been decidedly bready lately. And too many friends have been generous with the vino and chatting. (See Robert! I'm a slave to my entertainment needs, too!) Even as I wrote this, I was snarfing a caramel hi-top cupcake. (Beware. Frosted adds crack to their cupcakes, they must do. I am a cupcake junkie.)

It's okay, if life was perfect imagine how bloody boring and awful that would be:D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams