Rabbits, Rock gigs, and Revamps
I am so happy with youtube right now. I found the ENTIRE film of Watership Down on there. The whole damn movie. I'm so excited. Tommy gave me a beautiful iron rabbit as a thank you for helping put on the HIV/AIDS wellness fair. I had never read the WD book and he was shocked. He was like 'you have to! the El-ahrairah stories are the best part of the stories and they are hardly in the movie.'
SO I amazoned the book and got the 70s Avon version with the blonde rabbit on front like I remembered from the Springtown Library. It was awesome. I loved it. I really need to find another adjective other than awesome. I use it for everything and I can't even surf! SO I'm thinking I should really not be doing the Bill and Ted impersonation.
I love the rabbit mythology and it really inspired me for my Rats of Green Park. I'm done writing the first book, but I mentioned a Great Toothed One as the Rat/Squirrel God. He lives below instead above because the Rats feel safer in the deep dark. Bern is going to be sent north to find the lost crown jewels to give Ruff, the new Rat King, and his reign some authority. RUff really can't be questioned if one of his rats bring back the famed lost crown jewels. THe jewels are real. Scott told me they were lost fleeing the French across a swampy area called the wash. So literally the crown jewels were lost in the wash. How perfect is that? LOL
Scott played at Di Piazza's last night and was amazing! The crowd ate it up. 40Rodpop debuted some new songs. Very bluesy, very sexy roadhouse. A little less crazy shred machine. I really enjoyed the show. The other bands were fun to watch. Unfortunately, during Karl?'s performance my eyeballs felt like curried marbles, and the back of my neck began to swell. It was a reaction to the pressure drop in the weather. I get these crazy weather headaches that twist my atlas vertebrae at the top of my spine and cause my sinus cavities to swell in my cheeks in forehead. Not scary freak show swell, but just enough to really bloody hurt.
We had NO painkillers at home except low dose aspirin(81mgs). Seriously. We have no meds in the house. I have a couple of Xanax leftover from 2007, but they've gone out of date and I'm a little wary of them. Scott has his high blood pressure meds, but no freakin' Midol to kill the evil demon sitting on my forehead last night when we got home. I tossed back 5 ld aspirins (404mgs) before going to bed at 11:30pm. I woke up about 4am and stumbled cursing into the bathroom to toss back some more aspirin. The headache is gone but my neck and shoulders are stiff and painful. Dr schlute did his best to fix me Friday, but it was still hard to look straight up, all those little neck muscles didn't want to shorten. Believe me, it hurts when muscles won't stretch, but it really blows when they won't shorten. That's the 'crick' in your neck that you can't turn toward. It means...well to quote Idiocracy "Your shit's all fucked up."
Today I'm okay, but I'm working off a bummer brain soup. I was focused on my money which wasn't flowing like it usually does. I read my little OM daily horoscope and it talked about how abundance flows from focusing on what you DO have not what you DON'T. Well, I don't have my fucking house rent and tomorrow is the 10th, but I do have a husband that loves me, two fab pets who are cute as bugs, I have my own business in an industry where the independent massage therapist is a rare beast, a successful one is like an albino eagle, you got maybe 12 living in the contiguous United States, and I have amazing clients who are more friends than clients..So There!
Comments
Post a Comment