Counting my Blessings
Wow. 9/11 took me to a dark place. I woke up in a weird mood. Not bad, just pensive. Everyone who came in for massage were close friends so no stress there. I just felt like a wet cat, out of sorts and angry. I realized I was angry with 9/11. It wouldn't go away. It was a yearly celebration of my last preconceived notions being dashed on the rocks in front of me. It is the anniversary of the TSA becoming a facist police force; of speaking out no longer being loyal dissent but TREASON!. Habeas Corpus was suspended, and we as a country started performing extraordinary rendition(flying a foreign citizen to another country that allows torture). We now have political prisoners. I will always have a problem with that. America is not a monarchy, and it shouldn't keep political prisoners. Period. I'm not bothering to argue about it. It is one of the things this country is founded on. No more kings.
The day took so much out of me I hid both my days off. Usually, I have a whole list of activities to do, and people to meet and go play with. I didn't leave my home except to make a quick run to the grocery store, and to go work out Wed night. The rest of the time, I hid in my house, cleaning and organizing, and resting emotionally. Thursday was Scott and mine's 9th wedding anniversary. We were married Sept. 13 2003. Scott was worried I might be mad because he was working all day. I was like are you kidding!?!? I'm thrilled!
He was spending the day doing all three of the things that are his focuses these days. He spent from 7am in the morning until 3pm painting a local house; 5-7pm he taught Princeton Review, and 8p-11p, he was re-mixing his CD with his band. All three things he has been working on the past year to build his business up. He just took the C best test so he can substitute teach. I'm so happy for him, because all these things are coming to fruition after months of investment of time money and energy.
Comments
Post a Comment