Serendipity Rules!!!

Well, I've sufficiently recovered from my ACK! diet. (Easter poisoning...LOL) 4lbs gone last week. I shouldn't be so happy, but I am. I got so shaky over food, my upcoming cleanse diet seems like a godsend. What I'm saying is I'm happy. My black cloud of suckitude has parted and I feel much better. And with this parting of the clouds dawned an avalanche of alright!

My friend Patti (Fed with a fondant fetish--she loves to bake) is chilling next week at Tahitian village in a timeshare. By a series of circumstances, her boyfriend can't go. I can, though. And she totally invited me. I realize this is the litmus test from hell for any friendship, hopping into a car to drive through low desert to Vegas. I'm confident we can do it.I plan to spend Wednesday through Friday baking and basting, as my friend Pete put it. Lay in the sun, slip into the pool to cool off, rinse and repeat as needed. Aaah, Nice!

My sweetheart Alissa, massage buddy extraordinaire, is in N'awlins for a fire performance this week, she massaged me before she left last week, which meant I didn't have to massage her this week, aaaand lo and behold, my other massage buddy Donna, also awesomeness in human form texts me to remind me I have a massage with her yesterday at 9am. So that is two 90 minute massages in a week then (yes there is more) Sidney wants to go over the new Better Body protocol yesterday at 4pm and I wanted to experience it, so I got the Better Body treatment with a 15 minute steam. I was human jello yesterday, and I am soft as silk from the exfoliation.

I get home, blow off workout, make delicious Masala baked tofu for dinner, throw it on a frozen $2 channa masala dinner from Fresh and Easy, then do a little FB cruising. I posted a crazy cat picture from someone named Dr. Dot. I click on her site after seeing her with a ton of classic rock stars. Turns out she started at one of Frank Zappa's entourage and branched out to an international referral service for massage and chiropractic work for traveling rock bands. Can you say "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!"

So I applied. I sure as hell did, and I got 2 emails this morning promising me details in the next week. How cool is that? How universe is unfolding to provide me the space to write my books and feel like I can breathe without checking my bank accounts to see if it is okay. I sent off all my tax bs Tuesday and I am still in awe that I managed to sling cash in every direction that needed it. No bills are late, and I paid in my tax for next year. (le pant, le pant, le gasp) Fuckin' A, yeah me!

I'm reading a book called The Magic of Believing that a good friend of mine recommended. I'm only a few chapters in and I am engrossed. I'm already a believer in many of the tenets offered by the book, I've just never had it put quite this way. Maybe I'm finally open enough to listen. Anyway, I'm jazzed with the positive outlook, and I'm ready to surf it to wherever it takes me. Oh yeah, my friend that suggested the book is in town and texted me this morning so we can hang out before he leaves. David lives on the other side of the country, so when he jets in I'm always excited to spend time chatting.

Anyone that knows me knows I talk about a mile a minute. I try to slow down, hell I try to let other people talk, and shine with their own humor. It's hard, but I'm getting better. David is one of my friends that can sit and talk story (like the Hawaiians say). It sounds easy, but you really have to have a good patter to do it well. We are both nature nuts, political, and love travel. It makes for some great conversations.

So, to recap, freakin' awesome last couple of days. Thank you universe! I really appreciate the boost.

Comments