Frickin' Food Poisoning
Oy vey. 3 days and I'm still shaky. Scott and I went on an adventure for Easter. We drove down to Escondido to Kit Carson park to see Queen Califia's Magic Circle http://www.queencalifia.org/
Awesome little road trip. The drive back blew. Traffic sucked big time. We stopped by the crab pot for dinner. I had seafood puttanesca. I think that's what did me in. I started having waves of nausea by Monday morning. I was down by 2pm Monday. I went home and slept until Wednesday morning, only waking to throw up every two hours. I lost 4lbs...yeah?
I walked the dog today and felt completely wrung out. I was going to work on a few things, bake a few cakes for friends, and finish cleaning up the house. I was out of it by 1 pm today. I'm still tired. I had a protein drink and miso soup today. I still can't handle really smelly food. I'm glad I have until Friday to recover. I'm going to lay low until then.
I decided I'm going to write 250 words per day, either blogging, working on my book, or taking on an article for Cracked.com. Once I get better at writing every day, I might sign up on a few more websites to contribute articles. I'm going to use my snark for good not evil:o)
I'm still working toward my ninja warrior tryout for 2013. I signed up for Tough Mudder, so there is no going back on that one. I'm taking action in my writing. I'm powering through a few books. The EasyWay to quit smoking by Allen Carr and The MAgic of Believing.
Last year was about organization and financial stability (still working on it); this year it is about implementing the beginning steps of future dreams, laying the bricks, shaking the right hands, working on the foundations of bigger dreams for me and Scott. He showed me notes on his culinary history he was researching this morning. One thing I have learned as a wife is that a man will do nothing until it becomes his idea. No amount of nagging or glaring will move him. It's all about the logic of situation.
What does he want?
How can he get there?
Does he want to really do it considering answer #2?
Only he can answer these questions, not me. I'm having enough of a bloody adventure answering my own questions. Guess what? That's my 250, and I am outta here. I plan on cracking open my laughingly titled "Rats of Green Park Final Edit" and start working on it.
I've just introduced Patches, the lab rat, who has been so humanized he is a danger to himself and other rats because he is needy and obvious to the human population. Bern just had a stern discussion with him. I think I need an emotional connection moment with Bern and Patches. Then it will be time to off mangy Patches. Horribly so. I plan to have him foam blue and die in Bern's arms after his insides melted. I know it's awful, but my friend Nick told me I was being too nice. The best books have the injust violence in them. How do you really piss off a kid, and endear the main characters to them? Make it not fair. Not Fair drives them nuts. I totally identify with that. It probably means I'm emotionally immature. Whatevs;)
Comments
Post a Comment