Death and faxes

Wow...just wow. What a long week. Scott and I got nailed Saturday night on our way home. We're okay but the insurance is talking totaled. It was only like 10mph, but she tagged us right on the front tire at the perfect angle to bend our axle. I was really wrecked over it (snort) but considering how many people die in LA in traffic accidents I'm lucky to get off this light. It helps to think of that. I've been faxing receipts, and dealing with the collision place. :o(

Kirsten's other cat just died tonight, almost exactly a year after her other cat died. It was awful. It was a hit and run. The neighbor told me, so I called Pete to ask him how to tell her. She pulled in the driveway right as we were discussing it. She collapsed and wept. I felt so terrible for her. It's been a hard month for all of us in the compound. Thank God we have each other to lean on. It's a tight little group back here. We've all been super busy, but we always stop to comfort each other.

I've only worked out twice this week, but the accident took the wind out of my sails. I guess the depression sapped my energy. But things are good. My clients are lovely, my pets are sweethearts, and Scott has been super supportive. I am very proud of our healthy lifestyle, lately. We've stuck to this detox diet pretty well. I'm doing better at workouts. I'm still the slowest in class, but my plank to crab is steady. I was dropping on my butt when I rotated on my right wrist. I still suck balls on the long jump, I've got about a 6 inch horizontal leap. It's freaking pitiful. I still can't jump rope without smacking myself in the head. I need to get 4-5 feet by next May. My workout crew wants to do an obstacle course in San Diego this fall. I'm going to do it with them. I'm serious, people. I want to hit that button. It means that I've taken my body back. It will be able to do what I tell it to do. I want to run, jump and climb like I never could as a child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams