Birthday Bash

Well, I got into the first wreck I've had in eight years last night. Scott and I were leaving my friend Liz's birthday party (which was awesome!)and got nailed by this girl making an unprotected left at Nutwood and Chapman. She begged us to not call the cops, and promised to pay for the damage, please don't call insurance, blah blah blah. I felt bad for her because she was just a kid. Yeah I know that your 20s are an adult, but you are pretty damn stupid for the first part of them. We should have called the cops, but I just never feel that it's a good idea to call the cops. If someone's been shot or killed, okay cops, but little shit isn't worth calling the po-po. I guess I've read 1984 one time to many. We got towed by this cute guy named Tova. He had an accent I couldn't place. I thought it was Russian. Get this, he's Israeli. I would have never guessed. I know it is stupid, but I always thought they'd sound like New Yorkers, or Eastern Europeans or a mix of both, but Russian?? He was a love, he even dropped us off at our house after we dropped off our poor little car at Lee's Auto.

I've managed to not go off the rails and bury myself face first in a pile of chocolate mousse. I'm eating my lentil soup and feeling a bit better. I totally had a crying jag this morning when I thought about how this was the worst time for this to happen. I am so booked up this next month, I don't have time to fit in one more disaster to fix. I exaggerate, no one was hurt, the car is just dinged and the tire bent inward. Big Deal. It happened at about 15mph. That's pretty lucky considering how many people die on the road out here.

Liz's party was great, her parents are these darling 70s style couple, I mean the decade not the age. They were groovy, their house was uber decorated, neat African theme. They are total music buffs, and all their friends were really nice. We ended up sitting with my workout crew. It was nice to see Scott be charming. He told stories and jokes, he laughed with the other husbands, and really was part of it. It was great, I felt like a fun couple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams