Wow, what a week.

I have been trying to make it to workout, but I 've had different stuff come up. I don't feel bad though. I hit yoga 3 times this week. Tuesday, Josh was trying to pack his 2 person kayak on a trailer and pull it with motorcycle. I impulsively decided that I would go with him. We packed up the truck, and drove down Ocean behind the handball courts on Bay shore Dr.
Day 1
I was amazed by how good I felt while paddling. Usually, my right forearm squeaks in pain. We set a good pace, drank a lot of water, and totally lucked into being the first of the season allowed into the bird sanctuary. The nature guys were hauling back the floating gate to the bird sanctuary. The water was really low, but the water was clear. We brought a picnic lunch. We sank our paddles in the mud and hooked them on our boat. We floated and watched the birds. It was an amazing moment. We paddled like mad to get back but we didn't get back until 5pm. After we got home, I showered. I was soooo sun baked, and tired. I headed out to pick up my childhood friend, Brenda.
She was at the Westin LA on Figueroa. She arrived later in the day. So, I drove into LA during rush hour. I don't drive in heavy traffic much, and this is world-famous traffic, deep downtown destination. I got there and we talked about what to do. I told her we had to see Venice Beach. It was 7:45ish and it was getting dark. The only thing open was the head shops. It started to get tres seedy, so we turned back. We drove to the Santa Monica Pier, and walked to the end to a mediocre Mexican food place called Marisol. The local nightlife was out. It was good people watching. Brenda was aching to see the Hollywood sign, so we googled it and followed that map that led to some poor bugger's living room at the top of the Hollywood hills. We were in my truck, which is a shift. I took three different wrong turns and ended up reversing down twisting driveways with cars parked in them. My truck was grinding and screaming the whole time. We managed to get out of the twisty streets then wound around the back were the Hollywood sign was NOT lit up. We laughed hysterically.
Day 2
The next day I needed to massage my yoga friend, so I booked her at 8:30am. She didn't show until 9:30. I had a date with 5 people at yoga at the bluff at 11am. I left my house at 10:54. And managed to be only 10minutes late. We went to a food truck event at 12:30pm. I thought I had a 1:30 appt. So I started stressing about it, called to cancel it, and found out I spaced out on it and the appointment was the day before. I got Scott lunch at one of the trucks, hung out with my friends. I got home 2ish, then took the truck to get an oil change, so my truck didn't crap out in LA. I went grocery shopping, got home, showered and headed back out to LA. I picked up Brenda. We went to the same spot we passed the night before that had a great view of Hollywood sign.
We drove down Sunset and got pictures of LAInk shop, and Santa MOnica Blvd. We grabbed dinner at Pinks then I drove Brenda out to Long Beach. We took Pinks to Scott then went to the Queen Mary, and talked the front desk into letting us into a state room. Brenda loved it. Then it was time for a drink on the Promenade deck in the art deco bar. We sat outside and had a great time. I took an awesome picture of Long Beach.
I think the most amazing thing was even though our lives had taken completely different turns, we gravitated to the same things in our life. We laughed outrageously at everything. I dropped her off and got home at 1:30am
Day3
Woke up, yoga at 9am, grabbed stuff I missed getting at the grocery store on the way home, cleaned house, finished folding laundry, prepped living room, put dishes in hot water, wrote mother's day card for mom, did massage, walked dog, went to auto spa appointment, went to workout, came home, did another massage, made dinner, and now finishing blog that I promised myself I'd do. And these were my 3 days off.
I feel like the working out is keeping me going. I actually enjoyed panting and trembling, because I was doing the exercises right. I'm enjoying having a goal again.
You honor me by being you, you are perfect as you are and I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteYou are full of awesomeness!!!