OMG Wahoo Ninja Warrior! What a week!!
Guess what I did this week??!! Apart from skipping yoga aaaaand almost every one of my badass workouts, I'm going tonight, but I feel like scum missing it all week. I went to AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR!!!!!!!!AAAAAghhh!
It was cold and rainy, the people around me were screaming "You Suck!", to everyone that fell (which was all but two of the competitors that ran it, and no one wanted to come with me. Wa! But I had fun.)
I ended up standing in line with the competitors. I was an hour late because of traffic, which meant an hour less of standing in the rainy cold. I realized something was off when I noticed everyone around me was a guy and they were all cut like madmen. I asked "Is this the audience line?"
The guy next to me was dressed in camo and was wearing a bandanna over his face. He pulled down the bandanna and grinned. "This is the competitor's line. You want to compete."
I told them I'd compete if they wanted someone to face plant on the course to break up the monotony. I got a good laugh from them. I was amazed the course looked smaller than it appeared on TV, which gives me hope.
I keep imagining how it will feel to do each obstacle. Where I need to put my hands, where I need to jump, at what angle I should jump. how it is going to feel to land after, how I need to think about my ankles the whole time, make sure they're stabilized. I want this, but most of all, I don't want to fall early. I want to be a contender, a dark horse in a Pillsbury body;o)
CSULB called my spa and asked for a massage therapist to do chair massage for finals week, so after ANW I went up to the college rec center and did chair massage then had two hour massages at a client's house. Her mom was in town. After the massages, we drank wine and chatted; I left with a bag of cookies, and an open invitation for a tour of New York when ever I make it out there. I just fell in love with them both. I get the best clients. I really appreciate that.
I did 2 hours a day for the next four days at CSULB then I was booked at the spa. I am pooped! I have pics of the sign-up lists for the days I worked, I massaged 84 bodies OoO can you believe it? It is Sunday night now. I planned on writing this on Wednesday. Ahahahahahahaha, yeah right. I'm just glad I doing it now.
The picture that says caution open hole at the top of this was taken at the student union on Thursday. I was thinking I wanted to print that on a shirt with an arrow pointing up, referring to my mouth. I'm much better at not popping off and saying whatever bizarre shit floats into my head, but occasionally I lose the fight. Like today when I got into bitch fight on Facebook, on a friend's page with a complete stranger. I blocked him and deleted my comments after I got home. I was so ashamed of myself. I try not let go of my anger and just start slinging words. I can get ugly quick. Part of my childhood was learning how to cut someone off at the knees by humiliating them before they could humiliate me. I was good at being ugly, and some gifts just don't fade. Oh well, at least I can delete those comments, right?
I have a new do! Robert stayed for two hours and cut and colored my hair. It is FIERCE!!! Dark red, and a swing bob a la Amelie (one of my faves). I love it. He is so sweet. I keep telling him we need to get him his massage for the trade. He says he will book, but he hasn't yet. I hate owing people more than one massage. I start to lose track.
Okay. I guess this it. My eyes are blurry, and I can't think of what else to write. Oh! I know! I have had compliments all week, Eda you're changing shape, Eda have you lost weight?, Eda you look good today. I gained weight, but it must be muscle. It's my moon time. I started Wednesday. Supposedly, the armegeddon was supposed to happen yesterday. When I started my first thought was "Great, it's the end of the world and I started my period" Bummer
Comments
Post a Comment