oh dear...I'm cleaning
I was folding laundry while watching PBS's "Casanova" on Netflix when I realized I was in a mood. 'So?' you might ask yourself. My phone has a pink pad app on it that is awesome. It's free, you log on keep track of all things girly and I ain't talking 'bout shoe shopping. I got a little notice that says "The flowers are blooming".
No, it's not code for invade Afghanistan. It is a cute little euphemism for ovulating. For some women, this would be considered 'nesting' behavior. As if. For me this is polishing my armor, cleaning the battle tack for my charger, and sharpening my bitch sword (it looks like a bastard sword, but it's sharper;). I don't really have a country to invade, but I have writing class tonight and I feel like I've done fuck all for two bloody days.
Hell, I feel like I've done fuck all for eight months. I know it's not true, but I've been eating and drinking way more than normal, I've been chewing ice like a freakin' snow blower. I can clear a 7lb bag of ice IN ONE DAY. And I have. I can drink two glasses of red at a shared dinner, give smoochies to my dinner dates, run home, put on sweats and go with yet another friend to two hours of yoga. Then go to bed at midnight. I'm 40, not 25 for fuck's sake. What the hell is going on with me?
I've gained 19lbs since January; 4 of those pounds in the past two weeks. My workout class ended because of sporadic attendance, and my trainer needed to move to something else. I was terrible at attendance this year. I'd get to class maybe two times a week. Disgraceful.
I know everyone is entitled to a little slippage on big years in their life. This is pretty big. 40. Halfway there, barring accidents and major diseases. I've tried to ignore it. I had one of the best birthdays I've ever had. My friends and Scott made it practically a birthday month. Allison took me to Desert Springs and made me face my fear of heights on the Tram.
(I wanted to leap on someone's head and start screaming like a chimp the whole time. I don't worry about fainting or puking; I worry about freaking the hell out and ending up foaming and ranting in my panties somewhere. Some things you can explain to a cop, some things you just...can't)
It's been awesome. You know what? Screw it. This 19lbs represents a helluva year. I've grown into quite a person, with some amazing friends who share their fabulous lives with me. I have brilliant clients who are just as fabulous as my friends, most end up friends anyway. LOL I have a good life and the big cushy peach shaped ass to prove it. Viva la vida!
But I am going to try to eat better...and drink a lot less...and start exercising more, writing more, cleaning more. Mmmm as sooon as I get back from Europe.
Viva le tour de continent!;)
No, it's not code for invade Afghanistan. It is a cute little euphemism for ovulating. For some women, this would be considered 'nesting' behavior. As if. For me this is polishing my armor, cleaning the battle tack for my charger, and sharpening my bitch sword (it looks like a bastard sword, but it's sharper;). I don't really have a country to invade, but I have writing class tonight and I feel like I've done fuck all for two bloody days.
Hell, I feel like I've done fuck all for eight months. I know it's not true, but I've been eating and drinking way more than normal, I've been chewing ice like a freakin' snow blower. I can clear a 7lb bag of ice IN ONE DAY. And I have. I can drink two glasses of red at a shared dinner, give smoochies to my dinner dates, run home, put on sweats and go with yet another friend to two hours of yoga. Then go to bed at midnight. I'm 40, not 25 for fuck's sake. What the hell is going on with me?
I've gained 19lbs since January; 4 of those pounds in the past two weeks. My workout class ended because of sporadic attendance, and my trainer needed to move to something else. I was terrible at attendance this year. I'd get to class maybe two times a week. Disgraceful.
I know everyone is entitled to a little slippage on big years in their life. This is pretty big. 40. Halfway there, barring accidents and major diseases. I've tried to ignore it. I had one of the best birthdays I've ever had. My friends and Scott made it practically a birthday month. Allison took me to Desert Springs and made me face my fear of heights on the Tram.
(I wanted to leap on someone's head and start screaming like a chimp the whole time. I don't worry about fainting or puking; I worry about freaking the hell out and ending up foaming and ranting in my panties somewhere. Some things you can explain to a cop, some things you just...can't)
It's been awesome. You know what? Screw it. This 19lbs represents a helluva year. I've grown into quite a person, with some amazing friends who share their fabulous lives with me. I have brilliant clients who are just as fabulous as my friends, most end up friends anyway. LOL I have a good life and the big cushy peach shaped ass to prove it. Viva la vida!
But I am going to try to eat better...and drink a lot less...and start exercising more, writing more, cleaning more. Mmmm as sooon as I get back from Europe.
Viva le tour de continent!;)
Comments
Post a Comment