time to think
I just need time to think,
time ponder, time to drink
in the world around me.
I want to run through daisies
and kick their petal in the air.
I want to turn somersaults, and
for no reason, curl my hair.
I feel old and creaky
wise, wily, and sneaky
crafty like a fox
comfortable like old socks
I'm a thinker, a dancer
a writer and prancer
My soul lives in the clouds
while my body is in the crowds.
I turn and twist to meet the tide
I try my best not to run and hide
but inside I'm still a child
a little lost, and a little wild
Hides from monsters under the quilt
creeping ghosties that my mind built
time ponder, time to drink
in the world around me.
I want to run through daisies
and kick their petal in the air.
I want to turn somersaults, and
for no reason, curl my hair.
I feel old and creaky
wise, wily, and sneaky
crafty like a fox
comfortable like old socks
I'm a thinker, a dancer
a writer and prancer
My soul lives in the clouds
while my body is in the crowds.
I turn and twist to meet the tide
I try my best not to run and hide
but inside I'm still a child
a little lost, and a little wild
Hides from monsters under the quilt
creeping ghosties that my mind built
Love the poem!
ReplyDelete