I saw the text in the Whole Foods Lane 5. I was running in to buy a lemon to slice and put in my client's water. I had grabbed a piece of pizza, cold coffee, tonic water, and a scone for lunch and snacks. I was coming in hot from Irvine where I'd done a 90 minute massage, scrub, and scalp treatment on a favorite client of mine. I started late because I helped her put her Christmas stuff up in the attic. 15 minutes tops. Then she added a scalp treatment so it became 2 1/2 hours, and there went my cushion to get my ass to the spa. No biggie, just glad I always add time to my appointments. I'm in Whole Foods with a headful of nonsense I need to take care of. I pull my phone out of my purse. It's on silent, but I can feel it buzzing. I'm not sure if the phone was set to buzz, or I just sensed the shitstorm of texts in my purse. "Mom passed away midday today. I love you. I am so glad she is out of pain." At first I thought it was MY mom, and I almost fain...
Comments
Post a Comment