The Wile E. Coyote Effect
I was lucky enough to score a Neil Gaiman MasterClass in writing. I'm in Chapter Five and he relates being a writer to WEC. My heart melts. This is how I feel in my life constantly. He said being a writer is like WEC running alongside a cliff then he shoots out ever the edge and keeps running. He only falls when he looks down. our jobs as writers is not to look down. I love this. This is my image that keeps me going. How am I going to accomplish these things?
No fucking clue.
Not one.
I just take the next small step, call the next person, attend the next class, and generally show up for life. I've received some solid wins in the last few weeks. I'm moving my business to a nice spa near my house three days a week. I'm treating my writing like a craft and studying it. My editor just finished my first book, so now I have a professionally edited book to submit to Kindle then to the Long Beach Libraries. I'm getting two short stories published in an Anthology of Curious Things (Loving that title) and I have four more out for hopeful acceptance.
I'm loving this and I'm terrified.
No fucking clue.
Not one.
I just take the next small step, call the next person, attend the next class, and generally show up for life. I've received some solid wins in the last few weeks. I'm moving my business to a nice spa near my house three days a week. I'm treating my writing like a craft and studying it. My editor just finished my first book, so now I have a professionally edited book to submit to Kindle then to the Long Beach Libraries. I'm getting two short stories published in an Anthology of Curious Things (Loving that title) and I have four more out for hopeful acceptance.
I'm loving this and I'm terrified.
Comments
Post a Comment