Baby Time

Hello darlings,

   Thursday I bunked out and went to my spa wife's house and cuddled her new baby. I know, crazy right?!?!?

I cleaned my house, swam for 30 minutes, then I got a text from my girl Sara. She just had a baby Sunday. She asked if I was going to come visit her and the new baby. I said "Of course."

The weird thing is, I'm not into kids.

But I love my friend and I knew she was preparing for this life change.

I show up to her house and she has this new human and he loves me. So, I decided to leave my emotional issues behind and love him right back. I spent the next three hours loving him right back. Such a cutie. It was nice to sit and chat with Sara and Carlos. They are baby drunk, it's so cute. I had London curled up in my arm. I had brought Starbucks and anti bacterial soap as requested. It was such a lovely time together.

It surprised me.

The older I get the more I realize ideas I had in my 20s are still buried in me until I get the opportunity to confront them and realize I don't feel that way anymore. Children represented the end for me when I was younger. Everyone I knew who had children young were slaves to it, and it frightened the piss out of me. Especially the ones who had love children, they were so into each other until they had to care for an actual human then all bets were off.

And it was horrible.

I still say I've never met anyone I consider breeding with. All I could see was the looming responsibility, not the love. Now, that I'm older and my tubes are tied, I view children completely different. I no longer cringe when I hear them. I don't mind being handed a kid, or sitting with them to make sure they don't hurt themselves while a parent runs an errand.

They're little humans that need protection, not little shrieking demon spawn. I know that's two sides to the same coin, and plenty of parents have shared stories that made me feel faint. I salute all parents for their poo resiliency. I would literally faint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams