It's Thursday, Right?
Ok. It’s 4pm and I’m sitting down to write. I’m actually
okay with that.
Things I’ve done today:
Watched 2 episodes of Jessica Jones
Went to workout
Walked dog
Washed dishes
Made last blue apron meal from last week
Ate it
Cleaned back yard
Vacuumed
Swept and mopped kitchen and bathroom
Bought toilet paper
Gave dog a bath
Had a good moment with Josh in backyard. Talked about Bowie.
Joined Junior League of Long Beach
What I’d like to get done:
Start a goodreads author page
Book a reading
Blog on Aunt DADA
Sort my closet and drawers
Register on Blue Anthem
Contact realtor
Message the Ravenmaster again
Make a household budget
It felt good to workout again. I’m sore as hell right now. I’ve
backslid so much. I’m having to fight my mind again. My strength is nothing
like it used to be. Everything is a struggle. We start the class with a run
every time. Everyone else does a long run, I do the short run. It takes me
about the same time. This is only my second workout this year. I’m absolute
shit at it.
I keep having to remind myself:
Don’t look down;
form is
everything.
I know from my previous foray into working out that if I’m
struggling-I’m doing it wrong.
Stop,
focus,
re-set.
I used to be a med/hard
girl. Now, I’m light/med. I trying to compromise, but still challenge myself. If I hate going, and how I feel-I won’t go.
I know this about myself. I have to
make myself say,
“Ok.”
When the trainer tells us what we are doing. My first
response is,
“I can’t do that!”
This time I tried the original move before grading down if I
needed. My knees are skinned, and the heels of my hands are raw. I’m so proud.
Workout rash is something to be proud of. I’m feeling that sense of belonging
with my workout crew. I might do the Saturday workout. They are doing The Hill
tomorrow at 9am. I don’t think I’m up to it yet.
I’m tired. I haven’t been booked, but I haven’t wanted to be
booked up. I do a massage and I’m tired after. I’m good while I’m working, but
afterward I’m beat. It’s been a sporadic two months. I don’t know if I’m worn
out from the cold, the travel, the deaths, or a combination of all of them. I
might be getting anemic again. I’ll need to get Scott and I doctor appointments
for our bloodwork.
I haven’t drank any wine since I got back. I feel like I was
drinking every day for like three months. So many damn events, lunches or
whatever. I just got too used to it. I’m over it. I’m ready to feel better. I
kept saying I was going to do it. Well, after that last trip to Texas, I’m
ready.
I want to have a financial budget by February 1st.
We want to get a house and I want to be ready. We are very unstructured. I’m
sure that if we scheduled our shit out, we’d have enough for savings and
retirement. I want to improve my financial abilities. I am the captain of this
boat. Scott has issues about handling the money. It gives him huge anxiety. He's told me he's happy with the job I've done. I question myself and my purchases. I know I can do better.
As we grow older together, I find it hilarious how many
things I got twisted over in our relationship actually stem from his anxieties.
He’s not being a truculent asshole, he’s scared.
He didn’t go to my friends’
wedding in Houston. I left early to visit family. He had to work. He couldn’t
face flying to meet me in Houston. I was totally exasperated until he confessed
that he didn’t think he could handle going through security without me. He has
never flown without me.
I’ve traveled alone. I flown alone. I gone on long road
trips alone or with one friend. I’m pretty fearless when it comes to dealing
with the slings and arrows of travel. He’s not, and I have to be okay with
that.
We are considering doing a big ass road trip to Texas for
our family reunion in Texhoma. It’s 21 hour drive. We want to take the dog and
do the roadside attraction trip. The reunion will be at the Tanglewood resort.
It is pet friendly. I’d love to have Schultz along to meet people. He’s such a
love. We do an auction to raise money for the next reunion. I'm thinking of doing a California basket. Go shopping at the farmer's market. Buy stuff you can only get here. Long Beach Clothing Co. t-shirt, honey, wine, cheeses, some postcards maybe.
Ah well, I should switch over to my book and write some on that.
Thank you for reading me.
I feel your love.
I haven't DRANK any wine since I got back? Whoa you are stressed out. Girl you are awesome. You have scoped out the problem and are dealing. When most would just bitch. You rock.
ReplyDeleteIf you're making your way to Texas and happen to be in the Grand Canyon area, let me know? I'm down in Flagstaff and you guys can crash at my place for a night ~ Ryan "Bill Christopher" Staab :)
ReplyDeleteCool!! Thank YOu! Will let you know.
Delete