I'm Back!

It's been four days and I'm still having trouble thinking straight. Last night is the first time I didn't pass out at 9:30pm. I finally felt like I slept normally. I got my ass up and went to boot camp. Scott was home sick. When I got back, I washed my hands before putting up the clean dishes. The water was grey when I rinsed my hands. I love that I get filthy during workout. I feel like I don't get sick because I'm exposed to germs regularly. We workout at the bandshell at 7th and Park. There is a couple of homeless guys with their dog that sleep under the covered bit. I'm sure we are the most irritating 9am wake-up call ever! Can you imagine 6 spandexed bitches, and three dogs all chattering away like myna birds descending on you at 9am?

The really funny thing is no one bothers the other. They shuffle around, pack up, eat breakfast and head out without any problem. We run, we bitch, we share what we are freaking out about that week. What we have to pick up, drop off, buy or return. Just stuff, but it makes class flow. The dogs are tied to the benches facing the bandshell. They lay on beach towels and bark at the squirrels that cover the park. I love that Schultz gets some dog time while I workout.

I'm not just back from Europe, I'm back to being healthy. I did yoga Monday, and boot camp today. I was contemplating doing more, but I decided to be aware of my body and not hurt myself. I get an idea and decide to attack it full bore then give up a week later because I've hurt myself. I had hoped the forced march through Europe might have kept me fit while I was away. Nope. I was a mess today. I had to break down and walk a few times during the running bits today. But I listened to myself and knew that the barrage of squats and planks were going to kick my ass tomorrow. I will be using the counter to stand up from the toilet. All of you who have leg day know exactly what I'm talking about. Working those thighs until they're jelly and refuse to flex.

Writers write, and I am going to live by these words. This coming year will be me setting up my retirement lifestyle. Scott will be getting a full time job as a teacher, I am going to work 3-4 days a week, rent out my room the days I'm not working, and regularly write and promote my books. I'm going to seek out venues to do live readings, I'm going to get cards printed up with a scan box on them to lead people to my books on Amazon. I'm going to set up an author page on Amazon and Facebook. I'm going to start a fairy tale blog for my kid readers, and do modern versions and original fairy tales. The way things get done is that I simply do them. It's time to live those words. What are you not doing because you think it is too big for you to have? What are you avoiding?

You better start asking those questions, because none of us know how much time we get on this ball of dirt. My friend Allison died two weeks ago, my Uncle David died last month, my Aunt Sherry died last week, I don't know how I feel about it. David was a shock, but he was in an induced coma when I saw him, so I knew he was on shaky ground. Aunt Sherry had cancer, chemo destroyed her, and she was in hospice, so again not shocking when it happened, just sad. Allison was a medical miracle the past five years. She had pancreatic cancer and underwent a staggering amount of treatments while living on green juices, and colonics. I knew it was coming. I don't know if I'm sad. It still feels like they are around. I usually don't call people. I'm happy to talk when someone calls, but I just don't call people unless I'm making an effort to connect with them. I never really talked to them, so not talking to them now doesn't feel any different. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by all of them and will collapse in tears in a few weeks. I don't know. Right now, I'm okay.

Ugh, cannot get rid of this weather headache. My right eyebrow is killing me. But I'm glad I went to workout, and I'm glad I took the time to blog. Things I wish to do today:

Pay bills
put up travel bags
return winter gear to Mary Ann
Check on my author page on Amazon
Look up how to register my book page on Google so it pops up when searched
Work on my outline for book two.
put together client gifts for tomorrow
make brown rice and chicken for Piff.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Compound

My Grandmother Eda Died Today

Forbidden Dreams