Hurly-Burly: Burlesque, Lost, and Squirrel Poop
I have started 3 different blogs in the past few weeks and haven't published one of them. My writer's block is becoming epic. I just need to do a few edits on the Rats of Green Park and I'll be golden, but I haven't jacked with it in forever. I'm so ready for it to be done, I think I'm still insecure about letting professionals see it.
I did turn in an article pitch to Cracked.com.
"6 reasons a Zombie Apocalypse would benefit the human race."
I know. I thought it was funny as shit too:) I have to get 4 more sources, organize my quotes, and pad that bitch until it hits 2,000 words. The editors said they were interested if I could get it to their standards. Yes they do have them. LOL
I'm so excited I'm going to Harvelle's Monster Burlesque this Friday. It's Kirsten's birthday and I'm gonna pony up and take her to something OTHER than a drag show. I'm a closet dancer, and I've always loved burlesque and bellydancing. Scott has already vetoed me taking Burlesque classes. I told him it would be a self esteem thing. He told me I wasn't twirling my tassels for anyone but him. He's a closet prude. Oh wait, bullshit. He's a non-nude. There is no closet about it, he's out about being a puritan. He did grow up in a British household so what can I expect?
We were watching Lost last night, and Hurly(the fat guy) was having this weepy moment about how the island can't be real, because in the real world a cute little blonde like Libby wouldn't be interested in him. I shrugged and said, "I'd do Hurly."
Scott looked at me sideways, "Really?"
I smiled. "Yeah. Totally. He's a love. I'd rape Sawyer, he's freakin' hot, but I'd date Hurly. He's awesome."
Scott squeezed my knee. "I love you."
I winked at him. I've always had eclectic taste in men. I like rough trade. I like burly men. I like androgynous sexy boys. I like brains and humor. I'd bone Quasimodo if he told good jokes and was a good date. Appearance is so transient. Men who appear attractive to me can turn ugly with just one conversation. I don't do douchebags, and there are a ton out there from what I hear. I wouldn't know though, been off the market for over a decade now.
You read that right. Scott and I are celebrating ten years on Sept 13, it's on a Friday this year. We'll be in Paris. My life is so fucking cool!!
I was walking Schultz on 6th and he chased a squirrel up a tree. The squirrel chittered and hissed at Schultz while Schultz bounced up and down squealing under the tree. I videoed it because I loved the inter-species argument. I was totally thinking 'That's a Long Beach squirrel. I can see it saying, 'You're on a leash bone breath, climb this tree and get me you son of a beeyatch! Kiss my furry ass!'
While I was watching the squirrel, I noticed it was hanging it's ass over a y shaped branch above Schultz's head. It flicked it's tail a few times then proceeded to drop squirrel poo pellets on Schultz's head. I fell out laughing. Fuck yeah! That is evolution. Squirrels have developed their own brand of sarcasm. That is awesome!
Squirrel video
I did turn in an article pitch to Cracked.com.
"6 reasons a Zombie Apocalypse would benefit the human race."
I know. I thought it was funny as shit too:) I have to get 4 more sources, organize my quotes, and pad that bitch until it hits 2,000 words. The editors said they were interested if I could get it to their standards. Yes they do have them. LOL
I'm so excited I'm going to Harvelle's Monster Burlesque this Friday. It's Kirsten's birthday and I'm gonna pony up and take her to something OTHER than a drag show. I'm a closet dancer, and I've always loved burlesque and bellydancing. Scott has already vetoed me taking Burlesque classes. I told him it would be a self esteem thing. He told me I wasn't twirling my tassels for anyone but him. He's a closet prude. Oh wait, bullshit. He's a non-nude. There is no closet about it, he's out about being a puritan. He did grow up in a British household so what can I expect?
We were watching Lost last night, and Hurly(the fat guy) was having this weepy moment about how the island can't be real, because in the real world a cute little blonde like Libby wouldn't be interested in him. I shrugged and said, "I'd do Hurly."
Scott looked at me sideways, "Really?"
I smiled. "Yeah. Totally. He's a love. I'd rape Sawyer, he's freakin' hot, but I'd date Hurly. He's awesome."
Scott squeezed my knee. "I love you."
I winked at him. I've always had eclectic taste in men. I like rough trade. I like burly men. I like androgynous sexy boys. I like brains and humor. I'd bone Quasimodo if he told good jokes and was a good date. Appearance is so transient. Men who appear attractive to me can turn ugly with just one conversation. I don't do douchebags, and there are a ton out there from what I hear. I wouldn't know though, been off the market for over a decade now.
You read that right. Scott and I are celebrating ten years on Sept 13, it's on a Friday this year. We'll be in Paris. My life is so fucking cool!!
I was walking Schultz on 6th and he chased a squirrel up a tree. The squirrel chittered and hissed at Schultz while Schultz bounced up and down squealing under the tree. I videoed it because I loved the inter-species argument. I was totally thinking 'That's a Long Beach squirrel. I can see it saying, 'You're on a leash bone breath, climb this tree and get me you son of a beeyatch! Kiss my furry ass!'
While I was watching the squirrel, I noticed it was hanging it's ass over a y shaped branch above Schultz's head. It flicked it's tail a few times then proceeded to drop squirrel poo pellets on Schultz's head. I fell out laughing. Fuck yeah! That is evolution. Squirrels have developed their own brand of sarcasm. That is awesome!
Squirrel video


Comments
Post a Comment