One More Year!!
Well, if you haven't guessed by my email, my FB posts, and my wails of disappointment echoing through the LBC, I missed the ANW this year. They ran the tryouts two months early. I have no freaking idea why they did that, but they did. I was wrecked. I pouted for awhile, but I'm ok now.
Work has been choppy as hell. People have been cancelling higgledy piggledy all over the place. Some rebook; some don't. Which I get, life happens. But I'm talking the last minute shit that really throws a monkey wrench in my whole day. I had 5 people booked for today, two moved because of illness and surgery, one flat out canceled an hour before then texted me that she was never using my services again when I mentioned a cancellation fee.
It was her first appointment. I hate timewasters. They book things then just puff them off like there is no obligation there. MY time is worth something and I seriously resent reserving a space on my schedule then having them blow me off. I don't blow anybody off! I show up for my shit and expect the same consideration.
Anyway, all three were paying clients, that's $225 that just went up in a puff of smoke in the last 12 hours. Yeah, it hurts. Hits me right in the pocketbook. It's the 12th and I still don't have rent paid. I'm hanging on by my toenails. I burst into tears this morning when I got that client's text. I felt so helpless and useless. I need to find a second job that isn't massage.
I wrenched my left shoulder doing reverse plank push-up pluses. Or at least I think that is what did it. So, doing more massage for less money in some low rent massage mill does not appeal to me. I'm thinking of checking out voice over work.
Either way, we're broke. Scott is scrambling for more work, and he is painting 5 days a week and teaching Princeton Review two days a week. Hopefully things will even out over the next few months, but I am a really unhappy monkey right now.
Oh dear Eda! Sounds like you're having a rough time! We're having financial problems too, but not as bad as yours. And I hate people who let you down! I hope things improve for you soon!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet, we are doing loads better. Please give Sue love from us both. Are you still working on your book? I thought I finished mine, but a friend came up with some awesome suggestions, so I'm making revisions. Argggghh! I'll send you a copy when it's done the next time...LOL
ReplyDelete