OMG I'm 201 lbs!! Yes! Yes!Yes!
Okay. To put this in perspective I was 216 on June 1st. I had been working out for a month and hadn't lost weight, but gained muscle. Well, it's Sept. 20 and I'm now 201!!!!! I lost 15 lbs over the summer and have become a vegetarian. I was 30% body fat when I started, so I can't wait to see if that has changed.
In 2009 I weighed my lowest weight which was 184, but I had been sick. I got up to 220 lbs this spring and I was over that quick! I promised that I would never get over 200 again after I lost it the first time. I'm so glad I'm almost over that hump. Workouts have been sporadic because I've been super busy (Thank you goddess!) I went on a 10 mile bike ride on Sunday with my buddy Bianca from detox class, it felt great. It had been so long since I'd done a spontaneous long bike ride. Love, love, loved it.
It's important I stay on a physical journey. That is why I decided to attempt American Ninja Warrior's first level. It's crazy talk, but it is a real goal for me, and I want to see what my body can do.
I've gone vegetarian, and it isn't bad. I thought I would have gone mad with protein lust by now, but I am rocking it. I have to get salad creative, because it is too easy to become a carbatarian with this lifestyle. I'm doing it because I watched "forks over knives" and it made a lot of sense to not eat meat. There was a profile on an MMA fighter who was vegetarian. I thought if I converted while training for ANW, my health would skyrocket, my workouts would be more productive, my thinking would be clearer, and I would get a lot more done in my life.
Well, it is working, but I think it has been an overall push since the first of the year to organize myself and start building the things that give me joy, to write my books, to work as my own boss, to be physically fit, to have a house I liked people coming to, and to have my bills paid and money in savings.
I've decided to contact Tempest FreeRunning academy and attend them on Wednesday nights to train for ANW. They teach Parkour. It's an emotional journey for me to go to a class like that. I was the fat kid in gym, I remember in 4th and 5th grade, the other students jumping up from the bleachers and falling sideways when I sat down, pretending my fat ass caused an earthquake. I still have physical issues about people watching me while I exercise, especially if I'm the last one in the class to finish. I want to scream, cover my face and run away. It really is that bad. I know that it is an extreme reaction, I know it's the wrong reaction, but I still feel that in my head at workout, and every time I talk myself down from the ledge. SO contacting TFR is going to be difficult knowing I'm going to be in class with gymnasts, and guys who are cut from running over buildings all day!! Yeesh...I'm still going though
In 2009 I weighed my lowest weight which was 184, but I had been sick. I got up to 220 lbs this spring and I was over that quick! I promised that I would never get over 200 again after I lost it the first time. I'm so glad I'm almost over that hump. Workouts have been sporadic because I've been super busy (Thank you goddess!) I went on a 10 mile bike ride on Sunday with my buddy Bianca from detox class, it felt great. It had been so long since I'd done a spontaneous long bike ride. Love, love, loved it.
It's important I stay on a physical journey. That is why I decided to attempt American Ninja Warrior's first level. It's crazy talk, but it is a real goal for me, and I want to see what my body can do.
I've gone vegetarian, and it isn't bad. I thought I would have gone mad with protein lust by now, but I am rocking it. I have to get salad creative, because it is too easy to become a carbatarian with this lifestyle. I'm doing it because I watched "forks over knives" and it made a lot of sense to not eat meat. There was a profile on an MMA fighter who was vegetarian. I thought if I converted while training for ANW, my health would skyrocket, my workouts would be more productive, my thinking would be clearer, and I would get a lot more done in my life.
Well, it is working, but I think it has been an overall push since the first of the year to organize myself and start building the things that give me joy, to write my books, to work as my own boss, to be physically fit, to have a house I liked people coming to, and to have my bills paid and money in savings.
I've decided to contact Tempest FreeRunning academy and attend them on Wednesday nights to train for ANW. They teach Parkour. It's an emotional journey for me to go to a class like that. I was the fat kid in gym, I remember in 4th and 5th grade, the other students jumping up from the bleachers and falling sideways when I sat down, pretending my fat ass caused an earthquake. I still have physical issues about people watching me while I exercise, especially if I'm the last one in the class to finish. I want to scream, cover my face and run away. It really is that bad. I know that it is an extreme reaction, I know it's the wrong reaction, but I still feel that in my head at workout, and every time I talk myself down from the ledge. SO contacting TFR is going to be difficult knowing I'm going to be in class with gymnasts, and guys who are cut from running over buildings all day!! Yeesh...I'm still going though
Comments
Post a Comment